The United States Postal Service® 2017 Promotion and Incentives Program is offering a new promotion from July 1 through December 31, 2017. The Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion is designed to incorporate marketing messages highlighted by using color, dynamic variable print and personalization. Mailers who have not participated in the Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion in prior years will only need to satisfy the dynamic color printing requirement; whereas mailers who have participated in this promotion previously will be required to incorporate both dynamically printed color and personalized messaging in the mailpieces. Eligible mailings will receive an upfront 2% postage discount.
Participants in this promotion must submit their mailpieces via email to FCMColorPromotion@usps.gov for review and approval no later than one week prior to the mailing. Each mailpiece is reviewed individually (i.e. approval of any one piece does not guarantee approval of future pieces). All qualifying mail must include a full color transpromotional marketing or consumer message, such as an “onsert” or “onstatement”, which is printed in-stream on a physical piece of paper within the content of the letter or statement. The onsert or onstatement must include full color text (with or without an image) using a dynamic variable print process, on a transactional mail piece which is required to be mailed as First-Class Mail® per DMM 233.2.2.
As mentioned above, mailers previously participating in the promotion must also include personalized messaging. This promotion is available for First-Class Mail commercial letters that are part of an Intelligent Mail® Full-Service mailing.
Participants and/or Mail Service Providers (MSPs) must register on the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) to be eligible, and it is recommended that this registration be completed at least several days in advance of the first qualifying mailing, but no less than 2 hours prior to presenting the first qualifying mailing.
- Eligible mailings must be submitted electronically via Mail.dat®, Mail.XML® or Postal Wizard.
- To claim the discount for mailings submitted via Mail.dat or Mail.XML, the Component Characteristics Record (CCR) should be populated with the two-digit characteristic code of “CP” for the 2017 Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion.
- Mailings must be tendered for acceptance during the promotion period (July 1 through December 31, 2017).
- Postage must be paid using a Permit Imprint or Precanceled Stamp permit (some Meter Permit mailings may qualify).
- Note: The discount is taken at the time of mailing in the amount of a 2% discount of the eligible postage.
Contact M.A.I.L. Inc. for more information